Monday, September 14, 2009

Organic Insect Repellant

I learned how to make an organic insect repellant a few days ago after watching Channel 2's Umagang Kay Ganda so I decided to share it with you.

This is what I remember:

1. Place water in a plastic container ( 1-2 glasses).
2. Put one onion (cut into half) and garlic. Add crushed lavender and mint leaves (1-2 leaves is enough).
3. Seal the container and leave it for 24 hrs.
4. Strain the mixture and pour the fluid in a spray bottle.
5. Spray the organic insect repellant indoors or outdoors.

Since I don't have any lavender and mint plant in our garden, I just use the Bgone (Bioneem) liquid concentrate. This one is also organic but it makes use of Neem extract which is also a natural insect repellant, disinfectant and deodorizer rolled into one. Ratio of the dilution is 1:5 so I just use the bottle cap for measurement. 1 cap of liquid concentrate to 5 caps of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin