Wednesday, August 26, 2009

PAIN-AWAY For Your Child's Vaccination

Regular visits to the pediatrician can be traumatic to some babies and kids. This is because they associate these clinic visits with their routine immunizations. The pain caused by the injection is what scares them the most so often times they cry even at the sight of their doctor in white blazer.

For my practice, I use PAIN-AWAY (which I got from Glovax) to eliminate the pain and fear of routine injections. PAIN-AWAY contains on its underside numerous small spines/spikes arranged in circles. When pressed on the skin, these sharp points stimulate the nerve endings in the skin and sends a signal to the brain. When an injection is subsequently given, the entry of painful stimulus is blocked off so the injection site feels numb.

I've been using PAIN-AWAY for my nephew's vaccination ever since he was 1 1/2 months old. I keep telling his parents that he is lucky because at 1 year old, he still is not aware that he has been receiving vaccinations already. What I usually do is ask his mother or father to divert his attention to a toy or a TV show every time I give him his injections. There are times when he doesn't react at all but there are also times when he cries for a few seconds but that happens after I take out the needle already.

PAIN-AWAY's underside with its numerous spikes or spines


PAIN-AWAY is pressed firmly on the skin for 5-10 seconds and then the needle is injected at the center of the hole.

10 comments:

  1. wow! how did you discover pain-away? i want the same product for my baby.. where can i get it and how much would it cost kaya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They give this for free to doctors. Perhaps you can ask your pediatrician if she has one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so great. now, kids can't get too scared whenever getting vaccinations from the doctor.

    can we use this for grown-ups too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. It's for adults too. I use this whenever I vaccinate my parents, siblings and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i called the glovax landline.. they said, it's given free to doctors nga daw once they purchase a minimum of P1000 na vaccine.. i don't think meron nyan ang pedia ko sa mmc.. ask ko sya later.. in case, pwede mo ba ako ihingi nyan sa pedia mo? hehe..^^ kasi di pala sya available sa labas. i-google mo nga sya, walang ibang match kundi ang post mo..^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got mine from a convention years back...I don't order from glovax so I don't have extra..sorry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sad naman.. pero okay lang.. ^^ thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know about this. My baby's pedia uses this whenever she injects vaccine on my baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this gadget is cool! Ayex has developed trauma on vaccines already. Whenever we pass by the hospital driveway, she would cry even when we're not visiting the doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. my kids pedia is using this too! yung daughter ko hindi na talaga umiiyak pag-inject sa kanya... it's magic daw! my 3-yr old son naman mga 5 sec cry lang. hehehe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin