Friday, April 17, 2009

Bioneem for Insect Bites


My nephew woke up yesterday with 3 insect bites on his legs so I immediately applied Bioneem ointment to the bite marks. This ointment was first introduced to me by a doctor-friend last year. At first, I wasn't interested at all. But I found myself being asked by several mothers what's the best remedy for insect bites and dark scars on their babies. So I bought a starter kit filled with Bioneem products (lotion, soap, ointment and liquid concentrate) and tried them first.

So why am I recommending the bioneem ointment? First, it is 100% natural. It comes from neem and acapulco extract which is safe for infants and children. Second, after 2-3 applications, it relieves the itchiness, redness and swelling caused by insect bites. It also reduces the appearance of dark scars because constant scratching is prevented. Upon continuous use, it can also lighten scars and stretch marks. Third, it is cheaper than other ointments or creams available in the drugstores. A 5 gram hydrocortisone costs P130 while a 30 gram bioneem oitment costs P260. Fourth, there's no fear of side effects since it's organic unlike when using topical steroids which can cause hypopigmentation.

So what's the only downside of this product? It is not available in drugstores. You can purchase it online or in some pediatric clinics so ask your child's doctor about it.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your blog sis. It's very informative. My parents wanted me to pursue medicine but after graduating from college, I went to look for a job instead. By the way sis, it seems that your chat box isn't working.

    Oh, and this post is very helpful because I myself is also looking for a good cream. My baby is prone to mosquito bites and I really hate those insects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks sis!
    i'll also check my chatbox! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin